Sometimes, it seems like I’m lucky if I get one thing crossed off my To Do List in a week. Tasks get added much more often than they are completed. Why do I have all this inspiration, creativity, ambition, idealism, only to be held back by the constraints of time?! While it feels like nothing is getting done, I need to step back and realize that I do accomplish a lot that never even makes it on my To Do List. There are after all only 24 hours in a day. Today, instead of making a To Do List, I’m making an Already Did List.
Today I already…
- Changed 6 diapers
- Cut Baby’s finger nails
- Hand-washed two baby sweaters and two wool diaper covers
- Washed two loads of laundry
- Washed one load cloth daipers
- Folded and put away five loads
- Loaded dishwasher, and remembered to run it
- Unloaded dishwasher
- Cleaned the bathroom
- Did half a yoga work out
- Made a healthy dinner
- Talked to a client
- Took out the compost and recycling
- Made All-Purpose Cleaner
- Walked the dog
…all this while keeping Baby happy, loved, fed, clean, and nurtured, and on little bits of broken sleep.
What’s on your Already Did List today?